♥ 45 Ridiculous Pictures of Boy Bands with poses that seem to be straight out of the naff family photography rulebook. Oh the '90s! Why didn't we realise how bad they were at the time?! I think I recognise one of those Hanson posters...
♥ Dammit. I wish This Wild Idea had been mine. 365 days traversing America telling the stories of every day people. Perfect.
♥ In Beyond Caring Paul Graham documents the bleak reality of unemployment benefit offices during the early 1980s.
Check out this promo shot I took recently for my favourite retro rock & rollers, The Cherry Beats; a quintet of polite, clean-cut young gentlemen who play all the most danceable hits from the '50s & '60s. If you're looking for a wedding or a party band there are a few song samples on their website to get you in the mood and they're even playing a gig in Tycroes this Saturday so you can experience a full set before you book. They'll have you up & bopping all night long even if you're the photographer and are supposed to be working...
The sun is shining (yesterday I wore SHORTS!), wedding season is about to kick off and I've just entered what are probably my final weeks of being a platinum blonde before I relent and take on a hair colour that's easier to maintain. Exciting non-hair related change is also on the horizon and SPRING IS HERE AT LAST, woohoo!
1. While the rest of the world forgets about 35mm film at an alarming rate (even the pro lab in Cardiff has sold their processor) I have been spreading the negative love on ffoto walks with my Peabrain. I love film and would much rather use it for snaps & holidays & well, anything that isn't a commercial job. It's getting harder & harder to find somewhere that will develop & scan it (& do it well) though so if anyone has any recommendations, I'd be grateful to hear them!
2. Their first anniversary is just around the corner but Em & Marc's wedding is the latest to be featured in my Real Weddings column in VOICE magazine. Oh and on the subject of weddings, I'm currently updating the gallery on my wedding website so if you happen to visit and things look a bit jumbled up, don't be alarmed!
3. Yogi Tea's spiced licorice tea is my new favourite and every bag comes with little words of encouragement. It's currently 'buy one get one half price' in Holland & Barrett and goes amazingly well with ginger biscuits, but then, doesn't everything?
4. Check out this cutie from a recent shoot with boutique babywear specialists, The Flower Stork. We're photographing the pink items on our baby girl model tomorrow so I'm looking forward to a morning of rolling round on the floor like a fool!
5. From plump little babies to Welsh rugby legends, last week I also photographed Shane Williams at the Osprey's training ground in Neath. He was lovely, absolutely the sweetest guy. We did a few promo shots in the changing rooms (nothing risqué though!) for a new dairy called Proper Welsh and I'll hopefully be able to share a few with you soon.
Hello hello hello!
I'm Eleanor Jane and I am a freelance photographer based in Newport. I specialise in hairy metal guitarists, American landscapes and Disneyland. If you ask nicely I'll make your dad a mix CD.